Starting off on our first road trip with the "kids"
Dakota pooped out halfway to Waco
We stopped in Waco at my all time favorite BBQ restaurant, Rudy's, and stuffed our faces before heading on to the hill country.
Mom's birthday was on Thursday so of course we had to celebrate her "29th" birthday too. :)
Mom provided the cutie table decorations for my birthday bash complete with "giant confetti" glitzed up with glitter!
There was lots of fun snuggle time with the baby man......
And Grant's first swim....well, toes in the pool anyway. Yes, it was almost 90 degrees on Thursday and Friday so Jason went swimming. I was only brave enough for the hot tub.
We went hiking and ate, and ate, and ate. I swear, this family packs enough food for 40 people no matter where we're going or for how long. It is pure greatness! Dakota thought she'd been driven to doggie heaven and the rest of us thought it was pretty great too!
Craig tried a little fishing but not much was biting that day.
We played some horseshoes out front with Grandaddy teaching us the real rules. I'm not sure I ever really knew there were rules other than get the horseshoe around the stick.
It was a fantastic house and all the logs were brought from Canada. Truly beautiful. We roasted marshmellows and sat in the hot tub under the stars at night. It was such a relaxing weekend!
Jason even had my absolute favorite cake....yes, a Donna Jackson original. She made our wedding cake and all other cakes are now compared to hers. So far none have even come close! Hers are simply the best so why would I waste calories on just mediocre cake?!?! :)
Thanks so much for a great weekend everyone! Jason, you were the master planner and coordinator and it was PERFECT! Just what I wanted and I know you worked so hard to make it happen. I love you! And thanks so much to my awesome family for making such an effort to clear schedules and spend the weekend with us in the woods! Love you all!


















4 comments:
Can we come hang out in the woods with you for #31??!! Looks like a FABULOUS trip-- nice work, Jason!! Miss you guys!
Happy Birthday, Lindsey! Looks like you all had a great time and props to the hubby for planning it all...so sweet!
P.S.- I love your dog. He looks somewhat like a minnie version of our goldendoodle!
HOW FUN!!!! And happy birthday, sweet friend!
What a fun trip! Happy early birthday! :)
Post a Comment