Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mommy and Grant's Modeling Debut


That's right, mom and baby will be modeling tomorrow.......for the dermatologist! Let's just say I feel sorry for my derm team having to comb over this 7 month preggo tomorrow. I feel a lot like that elephant!:)

In all seriousness, though, I go in tomorrow (Friday) at 10am and I'm anticipating to be sliced and diced some more. I've had quite a few new moles and changes in my skin crop up in the 2nd trimester and am moderately concerned about 2 of them (one of which is right on my ever growing belly making a large excision if it is malignant somewhat difficult). So, if you think of it tomorrow and in the coming week, will you pray:

1. That each biopsy and tissue sample taken will have all the pigment removed on the first try so we don't have to worry about it growing back and having to go in again at the same site.
2. That the pathologist will be well rested and accurate in his analysis of the tissue taken.
3. That if it is within God's Will and Plan for us that all biopsy results will come back benign.

And of course, some prayer that we will be at peace in the coming week while we wait on the pathology report would be great. :) I am 30 weeks preggers today and it would be such a gift to make it to the end of this pregnancy without a cancer incident. Thanks for any thoughts and prayers you have time for this week. We appreciate it more than you know!

Love,
Lindsay

P.S. I will post an update on our Caring Bridge site. There is a link to it on this blog on the right hand side.

3 comments:

The Christiansons said...

we love you and are praying for you!!! :) p.s.-i can't believe you are already 30 weeks!

Laura said...

Hi Lindsay,
I will say it again...I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have an appt. with Dr. B in Oct. and I'll let you know how it goes, thanks again so much for the rec. Anyway, I will be praying for you. My skin changed dramatically during my pregnancy with Caroline too...in fact, my melanoma surgery was during the very beginning of my first trimester. So scary! By my third trimester, there were 2 moles my dermo wanted to remove but we went ahead and waited until after Caroline was born. They were just severely dysplastic and I could have sworn they were cancerous b/c they had changed/looked so bad. But the dermo said that pregnancy can play tricks on you that way. So I'm sure those moles you're worried about are nothing. But I know how you feel and I will definitely be praying. Please let me know how it goes.
Laura

Sam and Mandy said...

We're praying; please keep us updated!